Friday, May 27, 2011

Chipolte

Wow Good Food. Well at least good tasting and responsible eating.

Free ranged and locally raised, that is a blessing. But here again, how healthy is the products you are eating. I like food. I seldom find restaurant especially fast food restaurant food I enjoy, but Chipoltes was a delight.

So being me after reading their practices I had to look up their nutritional information.
Now remember most often the nutritional information errors in the favor of those making the money, not those eating the food.
I had a chicken bowl with rice, chicken, vegies, bl beans, sour cream, cheese and tomato salsa.

Product calories carbs fat protein
Chicken 190 1 6.5 32
Rice 130 23 3 2
Black beans 120 22 1 7
Fajat vegis 20 4 .5 1
Salsa 20 4 0 1
cheese 100 0 8.5 8
sourcream 120 2 10 2

Totals 700 56 29.5 53

I hope the chart stays but if it doesn't just follow across.

And this is without the wrap, add the wrap and you add 290 in calories, 44 grams carbs 9 grams fat and 7 grams protein.

Not exactly something I should be eating often.
How quickly our views change, because this is probably something healthier than most fast food, but cheeze, it wasn't a whole lot of food for the calories, and nutritionally very carb heavy if you are eating the burrito and adding the beans.

I really thought I had found myself a treat but it will have to be an very occasional treat.

Where do you eat healthy ??? and still enjoy it?

No comments:

Post a Comment