Sunday, September 18, 2011

Andy Andrews

Andy Andrews has a book out I haven 't seen. I read about it on Lisa Bearnsons blog.
Here is her post about it. I wish I knew how to put a link on this blog. I think maybe I should really learn how to blog.



The Noticer
It’s about a mysterious old man named “Jones” who notices things that other people miss. He also has the knack for showing up at just the right time in people’s lives and gives them the one thing we all need–perspective.
I’ve been marking the book up like crazy and here are some of my favorite “Jones” oberservations:

» “Remember, what you focus on increases.”
» “It’s time to stop letting your history control your destiny.”
» “People are either in a crisis, coming out of one, or headed for one.”
» “Worry is just imagination used in an unproductive way.”
» “Wisdom is the ability to see the future consequences of our choices.”
» “Many of life’s treasures remain hidden because we never search for them.”
» “If you are still here, then you have not completed your life’s purpose.”
» “We often judge ourselves by our intentions but others by their actions.”
» “If you want folks to believe in you, then it really helps if they like you.”
» “Life is a little like dessert. Keep your fork; the best is yet to come!”
» “In desperate times, much more than anything else, folks need perspective.”

I think maybe all of us need an "Andy" seminar.

No comments:

Post a Comment