Thursday, February 21, 2013

Challenges

Do you believe in prayer. I know many times I see people ask for prayers, but I don't see them ever pray. Not thanking Jesus and God for life, for food, for mercy, for grace.

I am not accusing just thinking thoughts our loud again.

I know prayers work, I have prayed for patience, I was given lots of practice on that one. At one time I had 5 teens in the house, with 2 tweens. Patience, yep know about that one.

Once I prayed for Bill and I to have a baby. Of course I wasn't specific, didn't think I needed to be.
We got Ash. Not exactly the way I wanted a child.

I know one family who prayed a lot for their family to become closer, their prayers were also answered but not the way they expected or liked.

So with those three examples ( I have more) I watch carefully what I pray for. I try to keep my prayers very specific, and try to pray prayers of thanks more than prayers of wants.

This week a prayer I have been praying for for lots of years has been answered. It is a gift I  never expected to receive.

It is something I am not ready to share with the world yet. Soon I hope I will feel comfortable with sharing.

Remember every situation has positives and negatives and to focus on the positives. With Jesus in your corner it will turn out the right way.

Continue to say those prayers, expect the unexpected. Be ready to not react the way you thought you would. Remember God does have his timing, and a huge sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment