Saturday, October 17, 2009

Cakes

Realized while talking to my grandkids, that just another way we have left them down is they do not know that homemade cake does not have to come from a box. Sure I usually use a box cake and my favorite brand happens to be Duncan Hinze. It is a perfectly good cake, you need to add water, eggs and oil mix it in the mix pour it in to pan and bake. Puts out a perfectly good cake.
Have used it for years, but now I am trying to figure what all the extra things are listed in the ingredients. Do I really need or want them.
Cake ingredients without the box consists of: Sugar, baking powder, flour, flavoring, milk, eggs, and oil. Wow what are the other 29 ingredients listed on the package.

Do you ever make a home made cake, or are you a box person.
What is your favorite recipe?
How do you feel about the chemicals we are putting into our bodies that preserve the shelf life of easy to prepare foods?

No comments:

Post a Comment