Sunday, October 4, 2009

VolleyBall

Okay I know many of you have been following this sport for many years. Many of you love it. I have attended a few games in the pass, but didn't really get into the rules and regulations or even into the game. Being a very nonathletic person who hated the thought of any sweat on my person I never put the effort into learning any games that required physical exertion. So now at my late age I am trying to learn a little about this game. Of course can you tell one of the grand kids is playing. So any input would be great!

So okay is it 3 games to a match or 3 matches to a game? Here are the definitions

Match
a.
a game or contest in which two or more contestants or teams oppose each other: a soccer match.
b.
a contest consisting of a specific number of sets: a tennis match.
game
3.
a competitive activity involving skill, chance, or endurance on the part of two or more persons who play according to a set of rules, usually for their own amusement or for that of spectators.
4.
a single occasion of such an activity, or a definite portion of one: the final game of the season; a rubber of three games at bridge.

Is it okay for a serve to hit the net in all phases? ( As long as it lands on the opponents side)

Where (what age group) does the libero come into effect?

Can a team hit the ball only 3 times?
Thanks for the input

2 comments:

  1. ok here is my try on answering the questions:(I'm sure Sylvia, Connie, & Cindy can answer it better) I say 3 matches to a game, it is ok for a serve to hit the net, some play with a libero in jv, but varsity it comes into effect.....and the ball can only be hit 3 times.......hope these are right answers.....Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems as if my posting on volley ball has created a lot of chatter.
    It is great to find the different answers. I have came to the conclusion that different venues have different "rules" so even if I screw up when at the games I won't be the only one that does not talk the talk.
    Thanks for everyones input.

    ReplyDelete