Thursday, January 13, 2011

Sugar

I gave up sugar for lent...oh yeah it's not lent yet is it?

Oh well, I am not eating any sugar right now, and I still am comsuming more sugar than I should. I am not eating package foods, I eat yogurt, berries, vegetables, chicken, turkey, fish, apples, oranges. And I consumed 28 grams of sugar yesterday.
That was with 2 PLAIN yogurt servings, and 2 fruit servings.
I know it is better for you if you sugar comes from natural foods and not added sugar but gosh.
I use to drink a pepsi a day. I use to eat a chocolate bar a day or maybe I would choose a chocolate cupcake. Granted that was many years ago. Brownies yeah they are my favorites or use to be.

Now all of that is too rich, too sweet.

And the American Cancer Society recommends 6 teaspoons of added sugar to your diet a day.
If I am not mistaken a tsp is 4 grams, and 16 calories.

So how much ADDED sugar do you eat a day.

Remember this is the sugars added to the mixes, and bottled dressings, and bread, and flavored yogurt, and desserts and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment