Thursday, April 14, 2011

Good ingredients

If it is worth my time it is worth the best ingredients I can get. Right?

Find out the hard way. I have been having great success with my sourdough bread.
The kids love it, it is the only bread Bill eats. It is easy to make, looks good, has a great crumb.
I have made it several times, using up all of the product I had received when I took my class.

This week I made it with product I had here, you pillsbury, gold medal, I had mixed the different brands together, made three canisters so I had unbleached flour, whole wheat and bread(high gluten)flour.
I made it the day before yesterday, we like the texture better if I let it in the frig overnight so I baked it last night.
It feels like bricks. It looks awful.
Thank goodness I have some in the freezer. I also had made a trip to New Hampshire on MOnday to replenish my supple of "GOOD PRODUCTS"

No comments:

Post a Comment