Thursday, June 10, 2010

Costs of Foods

As many of you know I eat and cook mostly fresh foods. I am trying to follow the healthiest diet I can. It seems a little overwelming when you first start looking for the most nutritional foods, with the smallest amounts of ingredients in them. We are not perfect just try to follow this for 90 percent of our food intake. Listening to others trying to adapt a healthier life style the biggest disadavantage in their view is cost. Produce costs so much, it is so expensive to eat healthy. Well once you start eating healthy you really do eat less. But if this is what you are telling yourself you are lying to yourself. That is worse than lying to others. Lying to yourself. Don't you value you. Stop. I took the kids to the zoo yesterday, I packed our lunch and snacks. We ate pizza last night, had snacks for today also. Breakfast was free at the hotel. So I grocery shopped and got the kids what they asked for. I saved 15.00 at the grocery so I bought things on sale. I bought lunchables, rice krispee treats, soda, pudding and jello, poptarts, grapes and juice. For 4 kids. Spent $98.00 at the store, $22.00 for pizza and a salad for me. $12.00 for ice cream at the zoo. I could feed Bill and I fresh vegetables, fruits and fish for a whole week on just what I spent at the grocery and we could still eat out at a healthy restaurant on what I spent at the zoo and for the pizza. I also kept the kids for supper tonight and spent 20.00 at McDonalds for supper. This is suppose to be the reason that people are obese because of the cheap food. NO the cheap food is the healthy food. Really explore your food and health care budget. I can't believe the bullcrap what others believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment