Sunday, March 6, 2011

Computers

Over the next couple of posts I am going to try to explain computers. Computers the way I know them.

I know I have tried to touch base with people that when you use "propriety programs" such as that come with your cameras or computers you are limiting yourself.
You also are risking the chance that once you no longer have those programs, or you upgrade your computer to a new operating system, or the program upgrades and you choose not to spend the money or time to keep up, that you will loose those files. That is especially heartbreaking when we are talking about digital photos.

It use to be we made "hard copies" of photos, we had negatives to remake the copies. Now we have FILES.

Twice in the last few months I have had people speak Priority Programs to me, with no understanding that companies go out of business at a drop of a hat. That if you do not save your photos or files as files that are compatible with all formats you stand the change of loosing them for ever.
So I will try to address these issues in the next few days. If you don't understand me or need more personal info please feel free to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment