Saturday, March 19, 2011

Sour dough Baking

I recently took a class in sourdough baking and soaking grains. It was a very informative class.

I think the greatest thing I learned from the class is that you can preserve your sour dough starter for a long length of time with out feeding it.

I have killed many starters previously in my life time. I was too lazy or too poor to keep up the everyday feedings. I didn't understand the science of preserving the starter.
I now have an understanding that I previously missed.

I also was able to observe someone elses technique for mixing bread. After using the bread machine or mixer for several years, this renewed my delight with actually playing with dough.

This class was well worth the time and money spent to attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment