Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Opinions!

We all have our own opinions on health, diet and doctors orders.

There are a million studies to prove whatever position you choose to take.

The real truth usually lies somewhere in between.

It is up to us as individuals to decide what, when, where we will follow the advice all over the place.

Me I have decided I can not trust someone who is making big bucks off of me. Example:
Is stevia good for you?
Stevia is a plant with a sweet taste. It is green. The big food companies have finally decided it is worth the effort to manufacture. Before they decided that it could not be sold as a food substance in the good old USA. It has been shown to cause some miscarrages if you eat enough of it.
It is ground into powder, bleached and then has inulin or some such crap added to it, so you can measure it like sugar and resembles sugar. Hello, I can decide to only use a pinch, I don't need it to be white. I prefer to use a liquid stevia, and measure it by drops, I still buy mine in the healthfood store.
I don't know if it is good for me, but I don't mind the taste, it saves me a few calories and I have not had any effects from it. (buy the way, sugar only has 16 calories per teaspoon, it is not all that evil)
I am going to start posting my healthy living thoughts again. Just a reminder for myself.
Play along if you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment