Monday, January 11, 2010

Celebrate!

Saturday I returned once again to my families favorite funeral home. I can still remember when Chiles and Sons built their new building on Spencerville Road. Daddy's family had always used Chiles and Sons. Not sure why, except customer service was phenomenal.
We had Mom and Dads 25 wedding anniversary party in the basement. A great gathering room, very reasonable priced.(free) But I still have a problem going to any visitation at that site.

This time though I knew the person, I only had the normal sadness when someone has fought a good fight against a terrible illness and loss. It also made me think how much closer all of us are to this stage.

But the neatest thing was, the people at the funeral home were celebrating Norma's Life!
Yep a bit of grief, a bit of sadness, a bit of how am I going on without her, but they were celebrating her LIFE! Photos, and scrapbooks, and music, and people all reminded you of the great person she was, what she had done in her life, and how she celebrated life as she lived.

Several of us said that is what we want when it is our turn.
Now it is up to us to take care of that. As hard as it is, make the plans now, write them down. Then there will be no questions, when people are dealing with their own emotions.
Plan you life celebration now.
Your life celebration while you are living and your life celebration when you are gone.

This weeks word is Celebration!

This weeks word is Celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment