Saturday, February 6, 2010

Adhesives!

Snowed in (look for an update later today, about parking for tomorrow, waiting to get plowed out to let you know), so trying to figure out some pages and started thinking about all the adhesives we use.

I know we all love our ATG guns, but it is very permanant. I tend to rip my paper and destroy things if I try to reposition a part of my layout. I have and still maintain that when I can easily get distracted that the Hermie repositional is the way to go.(blue) It easily allows me to change any part. They use to say it became permanant in a couple weeks.(they have rescinded this) I have no problems with this if I place it in a page protector. If you use hobbylobby or joanns coupons it is very resonable to use.

I also like a small ballpoint type of glue pen for smaller items. If I have the above two products I can usually finish a layout.

If you do heavy items then you do also need add a heavier adhesive to your line up, I like glue dots, and also a white craft glue.

Remember if you are an acid free scrapper you also need to make sure your adhesive is save.

There are many other adhesives with pros and cons for all of them. So how about telling me what adhesive you use, why you choose those, and if there are any disadvantages to them.

Example.

Tabs. Good adhesive, slow to use (especially if other class mates are waiting on me.), messy cleaning up the tabs.

Hermie tabs. Adhesive changed when manufacture changed, not tabs to pick up.

Glue sticks, Messy, dries and looses adhesive ablity.

So help out your fellow scrappers and tell us what you use, what you'll never use again and WHY!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Deb
    In response to the adhesives I use. I primarily use the ATG and I will use for smaller things a Brush type glue that I bought from Pam. I use glue dots and I have used a white Glue similiar to Tacky Craft Glue. I have a Xyron but I don't seem to do too well with it. So I have pretty much stopped using it.
    See Ya Tomorrow
    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this blog regarding adhesive products! I always contact PAPTI here in the Philippines if I need a particular adhesive for my project.

    ReplyDelete