Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The New Normal?

Have you looked around you recently? What do you see? I see very athletic, anorexic looking people or very round, sometimes poof, overweight people. I see them everywhere I go. If I see average looking people it may be one out of twenty five or thirty.

So is being overweight with a sloppy guy the new average. I just am having a problem with all of this.

Food at the hospital cafeteria-you could not buy any dairy except no fat, but tator tots were the potato of choice.

1 medium potato has 0 grams fat, tater tots have 9 grams fat, mostly trans fats. Just doesn't make since that we would take the fat out of milk, and add it to potatoes and think this is the way to eat.

Well as I said last week before I knew I would be spending a few days running back and forth to the hospital we have been watching and reading about clean eating.
We have decided to try our best to only eat whole foods. We are going to try to change one thing at a time, get use to it and add another concept. So if you wish play along. I will be posting our changes as we go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment