Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sugar Again?

You probably don't know that I have been sugar free, wheat free for the last two weeks, my third week started on Tuesday. Really it has not been as hard as I thought it would be. Really haven't lost any weight, but I do feel much better.

So this morning Ethan missed the bus, I was cleaning because of course, physical therapy comes Monday, Wednesday and Friday. After taking Ethan to school, Taylor and I went to Rays to pick up some strawberries and grapes for her. While at Rays I noticed that they had turkey breasts for 99cents a pound so picked up one to fix for tomorrows supper. Tonight as I finished up dishes after supper, I decided to put the breast in the crock pot and cook it over night, imagine my surprise to read that my turkey breast has a 15% solution with the third ingredient of the said solution being sugar.
Now I love sugar, have a huge sweet tooth, do not believe in artificial sweetners, don't understand people settling for unsafe chemicals, just so it is sweet. Can't even get my mind around how awful all of that tastes. It has to be sugar or honey or maple syrup. Sugar SWEEEET, but I for of the life of me cannot figure out why my turkey breast has to be injected with sugar!

No comments:

Post a Comment