Friday, March 12, 2010

What are you teaching, what are you learning?

Read this on a blog today, it was referring to a kid setting the bench and his mothers sad face when he looked up into the stands.

"If you're going to look so sad about me not playing then please don't come to the games. Of course I want to play but so does every boy on that team. They all deserve to play. Plus, Mom, basketball isn't my life. As long as I'm making correct decisions in my life and living the best I can, that's more important than playing in a game, right?" Okay--at this point I was eating humble pie. Yes--Collin does make great choices in his life and he's right--it doesn't matter if he plays in the game. He ended the conversation by saying, "Plus I'm having a lot of fun and love being on the team." You can't argue with that!

Such wisdom out of a teen.

The rest of the story tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment