Sunday, December 13, 2009

Organizing

I have club at my house in a couple of days. It is a disaster. I have not really started my shopping, I have only baked one type of cookie, (and gave them away), I put up my tree but have no other decorations out (and am not sure I am going to). I bought things to make gifts and don't have them started. Yea! Merry Christmas.
So all of these thoughts this morning brought me back to I need to get organized. I need to organize my home, my life, my time, my health. Have really become addicted to tv and computer again. Need to get it together.

I don't have time or motivation to spend an entire morning or afternoon cleaning & dejunking, but I can spend 15 minutes here and there. I don't have to do an overwhelming project all at once. It can be dealt with 15 minutes at a time.My decluttering criteria is a mix of advice from the FlyLady, other organizational gurus, and my own particular needs. Here is my list to help me decide whether or not to keep something:
1) Do I really LOVE this item or does it make me happy?
2) Does this item bless or help my home in some way?
3) If I have more than one of this item, do I really need to keep it?
4) Do I use it at least occasionally?
5) If we're not using it now, and don't expect to use it anytime in the foreseeable future, would it be hard or expensive to replace if I honestly think we might need it or want it later?6) If I move, would it be more costly to move it or to replace it?7) If none of the above, WHY would I want to keep it? "Because I paid good money for it" is NOT a good reason to keep something!
So Clean it up!

So with all of this I kept the boys last night, they are so wonderful. I kept Taylor the other day and she is adorable. I see Lindsey everyday after school and get to spend time with her. Ethan and Ky started basketball practice so will get to go to their games soon.
So life is really great!
And will get to spend Wednesday with good friends.

1 comment:

  1. Good post Deb, I know what you are talking about. I too need to organize my life, home,time and especially my health....which I think if I could get the others organized it would make it easier to get my health in order. I'm going to try your list.....I'm looking forward to Wed. nite......Love, Pam

    ReplyDelete